View Single Post
Old 11-07-13, 06:01 AM   #4
solarhotairpanels
Helper EcoRenovator

SimpleManLance,

Not sure if we should call it the 'Return side of the collectors actually, even though the water exiting the collector at it's highest point IS in deed the water returning to the storage tank??'

The collectors on the roof are tilted a bit so when water is pumped up thru them the water is pushed from the lowest point of the collector / thru the collectors / and exiting the highest point of the collector piping.

When the pump shuts down the water drains back to the storage tank.

I installed the vacum release valve at the highest point of the piping which I am calling the 'return side' just for a reference point.

I forgot to metion that I had to install insulation over the top of the vacum release valve also because in the winter cold months that valve will be sucking in ice cold air each time a vacum is created in the piping. Don't want ice cold air entering my piping so now it's covered with fiberglass wrap.

I left an air space / air pocket under the insulation so the valve could still breathe/function ok.

Please Note:
Comments and/or suggestions I make here at the forums on 'your' projects as well as my own have all been carefully and scientifically calculated by 'the seat of my pants'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
solarhotairpanels is offline   Reply With Quote