View Single Post
Old 06-27-13, 07:18 PM   #10
SimpleManLance
Helper EcoRenovator

Im paying at cost prices for both. Includes everything but the electrical from the panel to the AC box and the drain hose for the coil.

AC 13 seer $1050
HP 13 seer $2050

my buddy has all the tools to install AC's and he would be doing the installing for free.

i was thinking a mini split on the main floor (i dont have a spot on my 2nd floor for one) but my house is broken in to little rooms so moving warm/cool air around isnt very easy. I used to have a wood burner on the main floor to heat the house. it didnt do to well. the temps were 10* lower the further you went away from the wood burner. I took that out and installed a wood furnace in the basement. it ties into my existing duct work and heats the house evenly.

it seems like our winters are getting more mild here. if i could use the heat pump longer into the colder months that would allow me to use less wood. which is less cutting, splitting, stacking, storing, and hauling down into my basment. That is if running a heat pump down to 30-40* would be cheaper then running the gas furnace.

Last edited by SimpleManLance; 06-27-13 at 07:21 PM..
SimpleManLance is offline   Reply With Quote