View Single Post
Old 09-16-16, 08:39 PM   #33
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMPHIS91 View Post
Steven, your information is amazing, and I'm sure that many other builders/ renovators are going to use it for years to come. It's hard to find info. I'm all about cheaper. And yes you are right the frost line is not much at all here. I will not insulated my basement/root cellar any way because I want it to be the temp of the ground.

I'm still concerned on duct because of the length of the house. I may have to use 10" in some places. Or 2 10" lines with other lines branching of with 8" and 6". That is just a matter of running the numbers though. And if I go with a deauperheater, I really want my hot water tank in the same room with my unit. And right now my house design does make room for that. BUT that can be changed.
You can use DWV pipe for your ventilation system. Much cheaper than pipe that has to contain pressure. Heck, I have seen people use stovepipes, black plastic flex tubing, and green drain pipes for duct. The cheap stuff is known as S&D or SADR pipe, short for sewer and drain.

Last edited by jeff5may; 09-18-16 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: spelling
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote