View Single Post
Old 05-02-15, 10:49 AM   #12
MEMPHIS91
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Jeff,
I've been all in on a long list of crazy home improvements that I have not posted to a forum about. So I am REALLY all in on this one. Thank you for your awesome advice.

I will look at more post on the site to see what people have done. I believe I have only looked at two so far. (Got suck on the bore hole problems) Prefab sounds like an excellent option.
Bottom of the tank it is then.

---"With a hermetic compressor and just a single refrigerant path, oil control is a non-issue. The smallish compressors have a copious sump built into the shell. The built-in muffler also acts as a suction line accumulator. With the evaporator dropping way down into the ground, I would size the tubing small to maximize velocity to keep the oil from pooling in the bottom of the hole. A curly-q every ten feet of height would trap the stuff stuck to the walls. Might not need it, but it's cheap insurance."---

In your opinion would two lines of 1/4 inch 30-35 feet deep be ok?
And can you explain your curly-q idea a little better? I think I get the basic idea, you are giving the lubricant a small place to -get a foot hold(kinda like rock climbing)-. Is that right?

Awesome info and food for more thought. Thank you

Last edited by MEMPHIS91; 05-02-15 at 05:54 PM..
MEMPHIS91 is offline   Reply With Quote