View Single Post
Old 04-06-13, 10:36 AM   #7
Drake
DIY Guy

Propane torch ws my first thought before your significant other beat me to it(I figured you know how to use one with all the soldiering you do- what about MAPS, lol. May have to scrounge up an old single unit camp burner for those things one can't do without gas). Currently we are still using the natural gas range we bought when we rebuilt our first house 28 yrs ago. Everything I am researching is for the retirement home life change that I will be breaking ground on next spring. We will be going rural from metro so all energy options won't be there. I favor the no combustion advantages of electric. It will be interesting to see if the lower price point of countertop units helps induction to become more popular by breaking that high price ceiling. Cooking with alum cookware may not be a good thing anyway(though I dearly love my revere wear as well). I was talking to a knowledgable appliance seller and he was tell my that some future manufacturers are working to expand useable cookware options.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote