View Single Post
Old 02-17-13, 11:00 PM   #13
Exalta-STA
Apprentice EcoRenovator

The attic is sealed, I haven't built a trap door yet but I will have to so I can install the insulation you guys mentioned.

At this very moment (noontime here) the gypsum ceiling is hot and it radiates to almost 2 feet below it..

Here are some pics I took of the roof extension over the kitchen. the primary roof is constructed the same way using the same materials.

My neighbors have the same construction done on theirs too..here's apic of their roofs.

Here's a top view of the kitchen roof..the bolts need repainting/replacement..the roof itself needs to be painted white...

and the translucent roof sheet needs to be replaced..it's way past its age..

Thanks for the tips, now all I have to do is build a trapdoor and measure the entire roof so I can estimate how many rolls are needed to insulate the roof...and repair any holes/leaks in the flashing.

The attic is not that airtight, there used to have brown rats living up there (from the rice fields nearby) until I finally got rid of them. It is very windy outside the house but I do not feel that much draft inside except for the windows...I could hear whistling from them during typhoon winds.

@Christ
I've asked around and no one has ever done it here nor does any local contractor have the experience yet. I believe those located nearer to the metropolis would have better or actual experience in building those.
Exalta-STA is offline   Reply With Quote