View Single Post
Old 10-27-15, 07:25 PM   #30
TechShop
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
...Otoh, if you like to twiddle and tweak, most of the exciting work is yet to come. Either way, both aspects are very important concerning longevity and effectiveness.
My goal includes a lot more refinement of the whole system. I want to get some more accurate temperature monitoring and flow metering equipment connected with a new control system. Good data will be key to refining the system for best efficiency and longevity. The tweaking of settings and control strategies will probably take a few years until I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
...help to dispel the myths and mysteries surrounding the entire realm of heat pumps in general. There exists a widespread aura of alchemy and wizardry concerning phase change systems in general, and industry pros perpetuate this train of thought...
This is my first large, in-depth refrigeration project. I have learned a lot along the way. One thing I learned is that many people within the HVACR service trade feel threatened by the free sharing of information. That is a real shame. There is no voodoo here, just a mechanical system bound by the laws of physics. Only the lowest rung, the service tradesmen seem to perpetuate the "There be dragons" mythology... The engineering & manufacturing side of the industry does not seem to share this fear-mongering approach.
TechShop is offline   Reply With Quote