View Single Post
Old 11-08-13, 12:25 PM   #10
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default It's a dirt cheap 3X-win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I know a thermodynamics teacher that would hang his wet clothes in a closet and turn on a dehumidifier and it worked really well.
I think we have an amazingly good hack on our hands, folks!

There have been some really great conventional clothes-dryer alternatives appear on EcoRenovator.

One of the best was the sunny side room Piwoslaw has in his house for drying clothes.

We have also seen other rooms being used for such a purpose.

The heat-pump clothes dryers seem to wok great, but they still beat the clothes to deth, and cost $1000+.

Clothes lines wherever possible.

But one of the ironies is that in many places that have deep cold winters, home interiors can suffer from excessively dry air, and mechanical/electric humidifiers are employed.... while in a different part of the house, mechanical/electric devices are employed to remove humidity (and fiber) from clothes.

Well, I have been using my own personally designed dryer/humidifier implimentations for several years now and it has saved me lots of money, has reduced the lint extraction process remarkably, has reduced the number of times I have been required to run a laundry cycle, etc...

Here it is... AC_Hacker's Combination Towel-Dryer and Room Humidifier

It is best that AC_Hacker's Combination Towel-Dryer and Room Humidifier be implemented in a room where people frequently suffer the discomfort that excessively low humidity can cause. This has the dual benefit of providing speedy relief to the the sufferers, and also makes the towels dry fastest.

Here is a detail photo of my Combination Towel-Dryer and Room Humidifier.

Just go to the appropriate store and get some cheap Bull Dog clips and screw them to a door, and hang your towels up by the clips.

This will reduce drying time to a few hours or less.

It also keeps the towels fresh because wet-towel crud doesn't have the opportunity to start growing.

You will not need to wash towels nearly as often, because they stay fresh for periods of time that will completely amaze you.

It's a dirt cheap 3X-win!

-AC
Attached Images

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 11-08-13 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: It's a dirt cheap 3X-win!
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AC_Hacker For This Useful Post:
jeff5may (11-08-13)