View Single Post
Old 10-12-08, 11:04 AM   #4
Conradpdx
Lurking Renovator

Forget the batteries and just plug the inverter straight into a wall outlet.

In some areas you can get a net meter which will change your billing with your power company. However, you won't get paid if you design a system that produces more than you need. Any additional power is your donation to the local power company. (This is a huge pet peeve of mine and the laws/rules should be changed). But they might also have requirements of system size, professionally installed etc that they're willing to work with.

Or you could just go outlaw and just do it. Now this is illegal (it'll run the meter backwards) without an agreement with your local power company. But as long as you don't drop your power bill too significantly I doubt that the local power company will care enough to take action, or at least it wont be worth the expense of them pursuing it. I've known a few people that have done this and they've never gotten in any trouble doing it. But I must say Its illegal so if something does happen to you should you try this don't blame me....you've been warned.

If we can't be free, at least we can be cheap"--F. Zappa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Conradpdx is offline   Reply With Quote