View Single Post
Old 09-12-09, 08:29 AM   #9
Daox
Administrator

Mike, that is definitly doable. Perhaps, once the base model is done I/we can start developing add on modules for it for doing additional things. I was also thinking about integrating data logging (perhaps thats what you meant by ethernet though). I'm really no electronics expert though. Even adding a simple LCD screen will be a learning experience for me.

How would PWM control of the pump help though? As far as I can tell, the larger the temperature differential between the fluid flowing through the panel and the panel itself, the more efficient then panel will be. I'd imagine slowing down the flow would decrease efficiency.

That is a very interesing idea AC Hacker. I like the idea of a 'smart' hydronic controller. You'd definitely be able to get some extra energy savings that way. I'll have to think about using that as a possible add on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote