View Single Post
Old 01-04-12, 07:48 PM   #6
abogart
Efficiency Afficionado

I did some research and Honeywell still doesn't have a swing setting on any of their thermostats, just warm air, hot water, and electric. I am really leaning toward the Lux thermostats. The Lux Smart Temp TX1500E seems quite well equipped and adjustable for only $34 on Amazon. I'm thinking I'll be buying one of those soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimJFowler
Unfortunately those blue fiberglass "filters" are nearly worthless for filtering air. I use mid-range, pleated paper filters and replace it every 2 months.
I totally agree. This furnace actually has a General Air AC-1 pleated media filter unit on it. The problem is that when I bought the house (with the furnace) there was no filter media in it, only a cheapo blue filter wedged inside the oversized compartment with a dryer sheet box. The rack that is supposed to hold that media in place is gone and I haven't found out where to buy a new one yet. My recent experience with the pleated paper filters gives me the impression that this blower just sucks too much air for them to be effective for more than a couple weeks before they get dirty and start impeding airflow. Looks like I'm stuck with cheapo filters for now .
abogart is offline   Reply With Quote