View Single Post
Old 09-22-09, 11:19 AM   #3
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

It works pretty well overall.

It's fairly sloppy construction, so the door on the front doesn't fit as tight as I would like it to. I didn't have a door latch around, so I just ran a couple of drywall screws threw to hold the door shut.

Ideally, I would add weather-stripping around the door and a nice tight latch, so that it is easy to open and close, but seals up and still keeps the animals out.

I painted the inside bottom of the box black, as that was plywood. I didn't bother to paint the foamcore. Also the screens are basically black, and fill up so much of the inside of the dryer, I don't think the walls of the box suck up much solar energy - it just hits the screens instead.

In one of the photos, you can see a larger piece of plexiglass over the top of the whole unit. This protects the edges of the foamcore from rain, and helps cover up the fan holes in the back.

It's actually raining out right now - about the first rain in a month - I am not sure how well I can dry things out when it's wet!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote