View Single Post
Old 03-26-23, 06:29 PM   #35
Xringer
Lex Parsimoniae

Default About half the days this month were overcast! :(

The 800 watt array is working everyday sunny day now.

I ordered a Yolink SpeakerHub. I can trigger a Yolink Routine when the Yolink temperature Sensor hits an alarm limit! I set the limit for 90F and put it in a south facing window.
When the sun gets bright, it gets up to 90F and triggers a Yolink routine. The Yolink speaker says (custom) "Hey Google, turn on the Inverter".

My Google Hub, controls all the Meross Outlet 120Vac switches. The switch named "Inverter" turns on, drives a relay that activates my 3000W Sine Wave inverter.
The Alert Interval is set for 60 mins. (if the sun is still warm, we get a new Alert every hour). My Merross AC switch is set to run max run time of 65 mins.
If it gets a restart every 60 mins, it keeps the inverter running until the sun is about to go down.

My inverter is driven by a 48vdc battery bank, but when it's charged, I can use the 800w solar panels to run some of the loads in the basement. Freezer, Fios system, inhouse ethernet gear and a PlaneFinder tracking system. (ADS-B receiver connected to the web).
The main loads are the sump pumps. When the basement sumps flood! Like we just had when all the snow melted.
The loads only add up to about 1 KWH per day now. But when it warms up, I'll be adding on the basement dehumidifier. We might even have more sun in the summer!