View Single Post
Old 04-18-19, 07:05 AM   #727
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I now have some backup power.

Yesterday I picked up a used 15K PTO generator. It was a harbor freight generator that had 1 hour on it.
https://www.harborfreight.com/16000-...tor-65309.html
I have been looking at these for a long time but they are always too expensive. I made a offer on this on Feb 2.
They said no and I message back let me know if you change your mind. They sent me a message yesterday and we agreed on $700 not the $600 I wanted but a decent price for only one-hour usage.

My tractor will not run it a full power but that is ok I really don’t need full power. I will use the 50 amp plug that is 12.5 KW. My tractor is 19 hp at the PTO that puts me at about 9.5 KW they say 2 HP per 1 KW.
My Geo thermal on the second stage heat is 2.8KW that gives me lots of power for other stuff and the Geo runs mostly on the first stage 1.8Kw for heat and less for cooling.

My tractor is a 3 cylinder diesel water cooled and it should run a long time on a tank of diesel.
I have a older 5Kw gas gen that I will tune up and sell.
This should be able to run my welder. It will be nice to be able to weld anywhere on my property.

I don't like to have extra gasoline sitting around but I don't mind having some extra diesel onhand. It last long time and is not as flammable as gasoline. One less motor to maintain will be good also.

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote