View Single Post
Old 01-10-21, 11:31 AM   #5
solarhotairpanels
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMCF View Post
Does your controller always run the pump at full speed? Or does it keep pumping but modify the pump speed based on the delta? Is it capable of changing the pump speed?
Thanks to both of you for responding.
Transportation Loss:
My water returns very quickly to the drain back tank.. no problem there I don't think. Pipes are rapped tight with foam insulation and taped real good at all of the seams.

Pump Speed:
Next, my pump pumps 100% power at initial start up then I have it dropping down to 50% pump speed so the water running thru my evac tube header moves slowly in an attempt to pick up more heat.

I'm wondering if I change the 12 degree differential to like 18 degrees the collector header would have more time to heat up thus higher temps before pump turns on. The higher temps might help to heat the storage tank quicker... don't know for sure but I'm trying different settings and monitoring storage tank temps.

Please Note:
Comments and/or suggestions I make here at the forums on 'your' projects as well as my own have all been carefully and scientifically calculated by 'the seat of my pants'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by solarhotairpanels; 01-10-21 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: update
solarhotairpanels is offline   Reply With Quote