View Single Post
Old 04-10-14, 08:11 AM   #23
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

I have been around people who live off grid and have different life styles my whole life and the examples that have been given of it being "illegal" tend to be someone doing something stupid that drew attention to them selves then someone asked if they had gotten a building permit.
The exception to this is the few states that have restrictions or bans on collecting rain water, most states do not have bans on collecting rain water, most cities have bans on dumping rain water down the sewer system where you have to pay to have to treated.

Bottom line is don't do things that are stupid and illegal at the same time!
When I was younger I knew a few people who drove without drivers licenses, one guy was always getting caught because he wouldn't stop at stop signs and he didn't want to fix his muffler, someone else who never got caught said they always make sure their tail lights work and never speed.

If you are going to have a life style that draws attention, make sure that it is safe and legal, if you want to do things that are not legal then it's your own fault for drawing attention to your self!
Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote