View Single Post
Old 07-05-12, 05:19 AM   #15
Skywoolf
Lurking Renovator

Actually I joined this forum because I want to make a slightly ambitious rocket stove and I am not quite sure where to start.

It is very common here in the Philippines, especially outside the city to have a "dirty kitchen". This is an outside kitchen where they cook over a wood fire. I am fortunate that my helpers actually prefer to cook with a wood fire.

As I am developing a self sustaining environment I really don't want to be using electricity or bottled gas if I don't have to. I did plan to make a solar water heater but we are 2,000 feet above sea level on a mountain so I realized we get too many cloudy days for it to be efficient even though we are in the tropics. Sorry I am rambling

What I want to do now is the build a "dirty kitchen" with a rocket stove that will be big enough to have up to three or four pots cooking at the same time and a rocket oven adjoining them. Also and this is a biggie, I want a built in boiler to heat hot water that will be piped to the hot water tank I am installing in the attic of the house. All of the BBQ type grill (for the pots) and the oven should be able to heat the water in the boiler.

If anyone has any ideas on how to integrate all this I would love to hear suggestions.

Last edited by Skywoolf; 07-05-12 at 05:23 AM..
Skywoolf is offline   Reply With Quote