View Single Post
Old 11-07-13, 07:28 PM   #14
Exeric
Apprentice EcoRenovator

HI,
I've been looking for the article that got me scared but can't seem to locate it now. So probably best to take what I said with a grain of salt. I'm definitely nervous about using foam boards in the application your using them in but it's probably my own nervousness about it speaking and not something that has been definitely proved.

I would say you are probably safe as long as you maintain a tight air seal between the aluminum plate next to the air passage and the foam board. The main thing I worry about is summer time temperatures when the fan is off and then the inside temps reach extreme temps from stagnation. Any accelerated off gassing from those high temps will remain and then be recirculated later when you use it again. So, if I were you I'd either store them inside when out of season or make sure the back side of the foam board can get rid of any gas that accumulates.

I might be a little overly paranoid about this situation but as is often said, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.
Exeric is offline   Reply With Quote