View Single Post
Old 01-01-13, 07:13 AM   #6
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

"I noticed a repeating pattern of COP ramping up to a 'shoulder' then increasing more gradually to a max, then declining a bit and finally settling into a steady level."

Question: Did the output temperature rise change with the duration of the run where COP declined?

I've noticed at cold indoor ambient temperatures that my refrigerator will pull wattage at a high level and slowly drop but at the coil warms up the wattage increases about 10 watts to about 130. During standard room temperature ambients it settles to 150 watts after about 3 minutes and stays there for the whole run cycle without any climb after the drop. Not that this means anything, just an observation. If your COP is dropping, it could be because the output temperature reached its max and the geothermal field/coil temperature dropped slightly after the water made a few rounds. I'm speculating, of course. Was the COP drop significant to where it would mean that going through the low startup COP again would be beneficial to operation?
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote