View Single Post
Old 09-12-15, 11:17 AM   #6
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMPHIS91 View Post
Jeff, again awesome info. Seriously if you are ever in Oxford, look me up. I owe you a beer, and solar cooked organic homemade meal.
Just added this to this list of parts needed BC49X11 Supco Capillary Cap Tube 049 ID x 11 ft Series for Refrigerators AC | eBay

Sadly I will have to come out of the oil separator to a 3 way valve THEN into the stainless steel coil. So its all brazing looks like, but the %45 silver should flow really nice.
I'll be posting a diagram soon.

UPDATE: Found this quote from a really good read, "Actually it's just a "strainer" with nothing more then a screen inside. And yes the basic idea is that the larger internal volume of the strainer as compared to the 3/16"od tubing feeding into it, will allow the velocity to decrease, thereby letting the heavier liquid drop away from the gas. Same principle of any phase separator, this one just happens to be rather small (and cheap).

Of course an even better phase separator has the refrigerant entering from the side, taking advantage of centrifugal force (not just gravity) to separate the liquid from the gas."

-http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?144007-Morphing-Air-Conditioner-into-Autocascade-System
The two or three main posters in the cited thread are regulars on the xtreme forum. They do this refrigeration "alchemy" for a living, so they can be a great help to you and the rest of us. Unlike other forums, these people have no problem with giving a straight answer to the questions that we have difficulty with. Especially with respect to design parameters of an "unconventional" nature.Reading lots of threads over there, as well as asking the right questions of the individual experts, helped me immensely in understanding the theory behind how these rigs do what they do.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote