View Single Post
Old 06-22-11, 08:13 AM   #13
Daox
Administrator
 
Daox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germantown, WI
Posts: 5,475
Thanks: 1,112
Thanked 369 Times in 300 Posts
Default

This morning I ran one more simulation. I still couldn't get a nice gradual pressure change over the height of the sidewalls. So, instead I split them into three different sections. I applied 1.7 psi to the bottom, 1.1 psi to the middle, and .56 psi to the top. You can see the divided sections here.





I then ran the simulation and here is what resulted, 1800 max psi. This is roughly 1/3rd what the plywood can take so I should have plenty of safety factor.





The end result of all of this design work is that I'll be saving around $55 in materials cost. Considering my total estimated cost for the tank is now around $300 (I haven't figured out all the insulation costs yet), that is a substancial percentage of the cost of the tank.
Attached Images
  
__________________
Current project -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote