View Single Post
Old 03-23-17, 08:14 AM   #21
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I went to Upull it in Columbia SC. We have some self-serve junk yards here but no older Saturn’s are in them at this time. If you are a Veteran you get in the yard for no charge.

My son could not come help me. You have to be 16 to enter the yard.

The valve cover on our car is plastic it is known to warp from heat and leak.
The older years 93-95 had aluminum covers they are nosier but they do not leak oil. You need the bolts and spacers from the older cover.
I picked one of these up at the JY $19.95

Our car was missing the visors completely I picked up to that we will recover.
The drivers side on the 96 had an uncovered mirror I can’t stand that so I picked one from a newer
Saturn that has a covered mirror. (Two visors) $11.90

His overhead light switches did not work I was able to find one 7.50

New dipstick 3.50, wheel cap 3.50

The timing chain cover had the bolt ear broken off. He did not take off the bolt in the top center of the timing chain cover. He tried to get it off and broke off the bolt ear on the cover. This cover was pain to get off you have to take off motor mounts AC, PS pump. Valve cover all pulleys motor mount…. It took a long time to get off but the cover was just $13.95.

Total parts cost $69

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 03-23-17 at 10:57 AM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Daox (03-23-17)