View Single Post
Old 10-09-17, 05:12 PM   #62
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
Ok, so the thing is blowing out Sub-Zero exhaust pipe air at room temperature supply air? Awesome! Good to know the rig puts out nice warm air. More useful heat and less power draw than a hair dryer heater is good news.

What I ended up doing with mine to keep the exhaust pipe air colder than outdoor temperature was to choke the evaporator supply air. I just put a filtrete air filter over the inlet grille. That little bit of restriction gave me about 5 degF outlet air. Like I said before, by the time it got that cold outside, the gas blast furnace was running anyway to keep the house warm.
The above photo with the vent was tested at 0.3c about 3 feet down the pipe from the machine with a 24 to 29c inlet temp. When I tested the machine outside it was making -10c @ 8c outside temp / inlet temp.
So far with the intake hoses out the window its been working well still have not tested the outside vent temp the units in a off moment now or could test it. It should be the same as the readings was getting with the unit running outside. The heat output has been steady at 46c / 115*F front outlet temp with a 7c inlet temp and a 24c room temp that gets blown threw the hot side. The cold side is straight outside air in and out.

Ive noticed it does a auto defrost when needed so far noticed thats in the morning when its still foggy out and in the evening after running for awhile but it drains much more often seems to drain water without loosing heat output most of the time with a few real defrost cycles thrown in here and there where the hot side cools.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote