View Single Post
Old 02-19-14, 08:01 PM   #2
NiHaoMike
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff88 View Post
I used one set of batteries when we first got it, but I don't want to keep replacing them. I want to get some rechargeable batteries, probably Duracell because my other rechargeable's are. The problem is finding a charger that can support the amount of charge a D cell can hold. From what I have read in reviews, even if it "fits" a D cell, that doesn't mean it will fully charge it to capacity (meaning I have to charge more often).
You can remove the batteries, let them cool off for a few minutes, and put them back in for a second charge cycle. And only using part of the battery capacity makes them last longer - that's what the Prius does. (That applies to all types of rechargeable batteries I know of. You'll want to keep them somewhere in the middle of their SOC range, except for lead acid that likes to stay near full charge. Every once in a while, you'll want to do a full charge to allow the individual cells to rebalance.)
jeff88 (02-21-14)