View Single Post
Old 12-24-14, 05:48 PM   #89
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

I am again struck with awe at how yet another thread has strayed from its topic toward its polar opposite. This discussion that has emerged about the virtues of mass-produced power has nothing to do with this thread. Power massively produced by any viable means is what this thread is planning against.

The founding premise is that the public power source will lapse. Wherever it came from, for some reason or another it stops sometimes.

As such, the original post by AC asked for input from fellow members as to what steps, precautions, or measures they actually have in place to deal with these inevitable lapses. What have you done that works for you, and how did or does your solution do what it should when the lights go out?

While I understand that the public utility grid has an addictive stranglehold on 99.99% of the population, and that everyone has an opinion on the nature and mechanics of this vicious cycle, I would beg you all to please stick to the topic of preventive or proactive measures you are employing. What is practical for you?

This seems to be a growing issue among a decent portion of the threads within this forum. There is a massive amount of intellect gathered in (and gravitating towards) this group, and with it we can further these topics quite well. But when the original topics get watered down by users preaching and debating opinions on the inherently connected (and not so connected) subject matter, the threads get bloated with "fluffy stuff" and lose traction and consistency.

I hate to sound like a cop (or your choice of authority figure), but I have to ask everyone to please try to hold down the noise. Before you type out a 100 word essay and press submit, please ask yourself "How relevant to the original topic are these words?" It would really save us all a lot of nonsense.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote