View Single Post
Old 01-03-21, 10:15 AM   #217
solarhotairpanels
Helper EcoRenovator

Just wondering... maybe someone has tried this before and if so chime in with your results please.

What about a cold air trap rather then relying on the dampers to totally stop cold air from dropping back down in to your kitchen?

Cold air trap meaning...
Could you arrange / refasten that hose in the attic so intake end remains where it is but then have the hose drop down from your attic ceiling about 4 ft. then turns and goes back up to the attic ceiling before continuing down your chimney to the kitchen outlet.

Hot air rises / cold air drops right? so if the cold air gets trapped in the hose because of the loop in the hose / when the fan is OFF / would it stop the cold air from dropping down into the kitchen?

If this hose was insulated from the intake end of the hose in the attic all the way down the chimney to kitchen outlet I think that might work pretty good to stop cold night time attic air from penetrating the hose.

just some thoughts

Please Note:
Comments and/or suggestions I make here at the forums on 'your' projects as well as my own have all been carefully and scientifically calculated by 'the seat of my pants'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
solarhotairpanels is offline   Reply With Quote