View Single Post
Old 06-21-12, 04:55 PM   #1
Fordguy64
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Default Whole house fan..

Well its been a very long time since ive been on here.. but with the summer upon us ive noticed that my AC runs WAY WAY to much.. so im looking into whole house fans to cool the house off at night..

First thought is just to start simple and buy a good low energy consuming fan for the attic fan to cool it off at night and keep it cooler during the day. Ive found this one that only consumes 30 watts but moves 1500CFM CLICKY

so what i want to do is find a way to data log the attic temp inside temp and outside temp just to see how much of a difference it makes..

ultimately i would like to have a whole house fan which is where this will end up.. originally my idea was to get there 3100CFM fan and do the whole house first but the 1200$ price tag is a bit much for me.. so im thinking about getting the "attic fan and see how it is and if its good then ill just get 2 or 3 more of those attic fans and put some duct work on them and use them as whole house fans seeing as they are a lot cheaper and they draw less power.. Or is there something im not seeing?

Thoughts? concerns?

Fordguy64 is offline   Reply With Quote