View Single Post
Old 03-27-09, 12:09 PM   #9
groar
X-Frenchy: very

I saw a report on TV about some ecological people. The first one was leaving in city and was renting a room to a foreign student. When she was interviewed she immediately said that what is the more shocking is that she can get only one 5 minutes shower per day. She has the habit to stay at least a quarter of hour under the shower without stopping the water at any moment. Now she has to stop, and start, and stop, and start... the water. I had the feeling that each time she was saying "stop" or "start" it was costing her so much.

Other advices seams so silly to me, per examples to stop the water when you are brushing your teeth, to stop the light when you are leaving a room or when there is enough natural light...

People are people and they won't take care about what they don't know the cost.

Denis.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (2.66 kg/l diesel)
  • kg saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels : 187 kg/yr
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (59.1 g/kWh)
Radioactive wastes saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels :
  • Long life (>100,000 years) : 2.85 g/yr (0.9 mg/kWh)
  • Short life (<300 years) : 31.7 g/yr (10.0 mg/kWh)
Based upon "official" French figures...
groar is offline   Reply With Quote