View Single Post
Old 05-07-12, 12:59 AM   #18
Acuario
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotet View Post
Hi Nigel, great Job!!!!! this is very promising. I only worried with the logic of the PCB that controls the Outdoor unit, for example you can send a command to put the unit on in the heat mode but imagine you would like a temp on the HX of 55ēC maybe the unit don´t respond to its command due to the conditions ex Outside temp, or the safety features can be activated by the PCB preventing the target temp etc.....

But keep on the good work

Xotet
There are 2 frames that report the relevant temperatures the units are seeing, one from the external machine that looks like it reports 4 temperatures, one being the sensor close to the evaporator, the other 3 I guess are inside but I haven't opend it up to identify which is which yet - a bit of freezer spray quickly identifies it.

The frame from the internal unit reports the ambient temperature as seen by the sensor on the control board and the temperature of the pipe thermistor connected to the hx. So I'm guessing for now that the unit is intelligent enough to start reducing it's compressor when the temperature approaches the set temperature.

The command frame (Internal control on the dump) is where the operating mode, control to switch on/off and desired temperature is set.

Nigel
Acuario is offline   Reply With Quote