View Single Post
Old 07-26-15, 11:05 AM   #5
Acuario
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Not sure what happened to the pictures the first time but I've added them again and they are now visible.

Because of the radical changes both in size, distribution and construction any comparison would be meaningless. What I can say is that the old build was a fridge in the winter and an oven in the summer. The couple of months that we had the heating connected on the new build kept the whole building at a very pleasant 21C. This summer (one of the hottest in the last 25 years so they say) the temperature inside has not gone above 26C on the hottest side of the building.

With the heat-pump that I've built and the overnight cooling with fans that are only for the old build where there is no under floor cooling (see other threads) we are keeping the whole new build (140m2) plus our lounge where I installed under floor heating last autumn (another 50m2) cool with a miserly 1.5Kw energy consumption.

The temperature in the old part of the house which is cavity wall insulated but has no roof insulation gets up to 28C during the day and cools to typically 26C overnight, outside daytime temperature has been ranging between 35C and 39C.

Acuario
Acuario is offline   Reply With Quote