View Single Post
Old 04-23-11, 09:28 AM   #39
rgoltsch
Lurking Renovator

I found this thread through Google. Thanks for the posts, I will use it when I install my system this spring.

I have a question......I am looking to add a mini-split system to my first floor. I am simply putting in a single unit system. Now that a few of you folks here have performed this installation, would anyone recommend or not recommend a particular brand?

What I mean is, if you had to do it all over again, would you buy a Mitsubishi, LG, Sanyo or Shinco again? I am looking for this advice in two trains of thought....installation difficulty and operation of the unit after install.

For what it's worth, I am an EE that has done many projects around the house. The only part of this installation I am a bit nervous over is the evacuation of the lines and pressure testing after everything is installed. I've never done HVAC work before (Not that that really means anything, I had never installed a hot tub, replacement windows or built a retaining wall before I did those projects the first time either).

Thanks for looking, and thanks again for this thread........

Ron
rgoltsch is offline   Reply With Quote