View Single Post
Old 09-01-16, 09:44 AM   #48
creeky
Journeyman EcoRenovator

2 month Lithium report

The cells continue to check out exactly at the voltage spread noted in my first test.
I have 1 cell at .02 lower than the highest. Many cells .01. And most cells within .003v. There has been no change I can see.

My power use has been:

My 2kw off grid system produced
July: 140,210 watts
Aug: 129,710

for a total of 269,920 watts produced.

A/B (I have two 1kw panel sets and two controllers)
July: 73470/56240
August: 84740/55470

Note that the panel sets produce unevenly due to two factors.

One: the panels are set at different angles. The first set is adjustable and is currently (sorry) at 30 degrees (now that it is fall I'll be adjusting to 45 degrees). The second set is fixed at the "winter" angle of 60 degrees.

The fact that I am usually fully charged before noon also means that one controller will typically pick up most of the day time loads. For reasons I don't know of, the adjustable panel set carries most of these loads.

Of note:

I also saw 1023w being produced by my "summer angle" 1kw panel set. That this number was produced from 8 year old panels is interesting. This is a record high for my panels. I was "overpanelled" at 12v. But at 48v I can add up to 4kw more panels should I wish to. While overpanelled I frequently saw "current limiting." The high number comes after a good rain storm washed the panels.

I also set a personal record. One day power creation of 8.12kw. I ran the dishwasher on "high temp wash." smile.

My power use is dropping dramatically as I am not using the a/c unit in the studio anymore. Sigh. Today is the first day in months I don't have the doors to my studio wide open for the fresh morning breeze. It's too cold!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog that is down right now but will return
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Business where I sell solar stuff
[url]https://www.bobolinksolar.com
creeky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to creeky For This Useful Post:
Daox (09-01-16)