View Single Post
Old 07-03-16, 09:19 AM   #31
creeky
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Thanks NiHaoMike. I have been into the endless-sphere and diyelectriccar sites. Lots of info there. (where's the head spinning icon?)

I like this BMS the best so far. Based on the TI bq 96940. I don't know that they are actually shipping it. I would like to find someone who would sell me 1. These guys seem to want sales in the 1,000s.

Bigmouse on diyelectriccar posts pics of his reading of the OEM BMS. I can see how that might work.

IamIan pointed out a great idea for me. And I will be looking at this simpler solution. Thanks again IamIan. Took awhile for what you wrote to sink in. Super appreciated.

Initially of course I'm going to monitor cell voltages. If, as it appears is the case, all the voltages remain more or less in balance. I will keep to a more manual course.

I'm traveling a lot this summer. Which is getting awkward. I just started the system and already I'm away for three days. Would kind of like to be closer at hand to monitor and correct. Oh well. Fingers crossed. "Cloud" monitoring is probably next.

I'm trying to leave some loads (the fridge, internet 24/7, lights) on the batteries so they don't remain too fully charged. Trying for that 5,000 discharges range. Smile. And on that note, I have found some graphs/charts that indicate it's best to keep your discharge to 3.4/cell for longest life. I am set up at 3.2. Will be keeping an eye on that. Of course, to date, my lowest discharge is 3.8.

Looking forward to charting solar watts in/power out and voltages with more data points than day 1.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog that is down right now but will return
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Business where I sell solar stuff
[url]https://www.bobolinksolar.com
creeky is offline   Reply With Quote