Thread: Solar Swing-Set
View Single Post
Old 09-20-13, 04:33 PM   #19
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

Setup works fine.
The only down side is that it looks like I have bad cells in both the motorcycle and the Citicar, so it never really gets to where it should be with the charging.

I also ordered a 48V 500 watt grid-tie box off eBay. I got that the other day and just rigged it up quick and dirty. I have it hooked up through a KIll-a-watt to track power from it. The highest I've seen so far was about 290 watts, but it hasn't quite been full sun since I hooked it up yet.

I was originally hoping to setup up the C-40 to charge an EV and then swap the output to the grid-tie when the EV is charged, but I think the bad cells will prevent that right now. Also, it required a bit of re-wiring to run in the power diversion mode.

So, for the moment, I'm just running the 48V panel straight to the grid-tie inverter.

I tested, and the anti-islanding feature works well. It's also plugged in through a GFI.

Oh, I also have a full write-up on the project on Instructables.
Solar Swing-Set (PV Playhouse)

The little girl still really likes the bucket-swing and the rock wall and club house, so she's prettty happy. I have the solar panel on the roof, and I think that's pretty cool.
My wife just shakes her head and sighs, but if the little girl is happy, then the wife is happy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote