View Single Post
Old 01-16-14, 07:55 PM   #16
Daox
Administrator

I just measured mine to double check. I'm at ~60W. This is with nothing running like the fridge. I have really unplugged a ton of stuff to get it down to this level. There are no plugin alarm clocks anymore, smoke detectors are battery powered, the TV and stuff is literally unplugged since I use it so little. My computer is plugged in and draws 5W, but it is setup with a smart power strip so it cuts power to everything else until I turn it on. My cable modem and router are always plugged in and draw a few watts each. The main draws are probably from appliances and other things I don't really want to or literally can not unplug.

So, my house uses roughly 1.44 kWh doing absolutely nothing but keeping track of time and being ready for me to do... whatever. Thats more power than my fridge uses to cool food for me in a day. The fridge has been on the kill a watt for the past 131 days and is averaging 1.2 kWh/day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 01-16-14 at 08:05 PM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote