Thread: Global Warming
View Single Post
Old 10-19-20, 06:48 PM   #102
Xringer
Lex Parsimoniae

Default I'm trying to do my part..

We only have to go a few miles to our babysitting job, and we are getting really good MPG. (See pic).
Plus, we buy our solar & wind power from a Texas company. It's cheap, but the local company charges us a high "Delivery" charge. (1/2 the total cost).
So far this year, we've been able to leave the mini-split heating off during the day and turn it back on, just before we come home.

The only CO2 impact we've noticed around here is the extra Greenery, the great abundance of vines, small trees, thorn bushes, weeds & etc in wooded areas around our home. There are more RedTail hawks hunting in our backyard than I've never seen since we moved here in 1973. My security cameras pick up all kinds of wildlife running around here at night. Mostly Coyotes, Racoons, skunks and one that hasn't been IDed yet. Might be some kind of Fisher Cat or Badger.
We get lots of deer in the winter and flocks of Turkeys in the summer.
More wildlife than I ever expected to see in this densely populated area.

It seems like very few hurricanes these days. I can't recall with the last one hit the Boston area. Pretty rare events up here.
The weather up hasn't been bad at all, since I retired in 2008. Every few years we get extra deep snow! Causing a lot of digging out work.

I'm not sure what a Fire Storm is. But, I've seen a good number trees falling in the swampy areas around here, and it's adding up to a lot of stored fuel. Same thing that happens on the west coast could happen here someday.
Attached Images