View Single Post
Old 02-01-13, 05:12 PM   #9
Trevor
Lurking Renovator

I am trying to find the optimum pitch for the roof and I found this site (can't post links yet so try putting a w w w in front of) ".macslab.com/optsolar.html" . Mark you say use your the latitude. What should I be using if I am at 44 degrees Lat?

I have also found a non-standing seam metal roof that appears to allow the clamp on type of roof mount. This is a ABC SL16 metal roof. Yes you will have screws showing that hold the roof down, but I plan on using 90% of the roof for panels(at least the side that faces the road, which is south). As soon as I get a price I will compare it to a standing seam price. Can someone take a look at (can't post links yet but try putting a W w w in front of this ".abcmetalroofing.com/panels_sl16.html" American Building Components ? Metal Roofing & Wall Panels[/url] and verify the clamp on holders would work?

From a DIY perspective it seems the micro-inverters are almost fool proof, so I am leaning in that direction.

I still have a few months to plan, the garage is not going up until the May time frame, but am trying to get an idea on $ for a budget.

Thanks again for your responses. This forum is great.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote