View Single Post
Old 03-08-09, 09:55 AM   #3
groar
X-Frenchy: very

First you should try to see if the over-consumption is a constant one or an intermittent one. 69kWh in one day is a constant 2.8kW consumption ie 1Wh consumed every 1.25s. My meter flashes every 1Wh consumed.

At home, I have a main circuit breaker and several local circuit breakers. If it's the case then you should try to disable them one after the other until the scheme disappears.

You can also disconnect everything, socket after socket, and see when the scheme disappears. If the scheme repeats when everything is unplugged then it's an hardwired appliance, I have the oven, the dish washer, a cooker and the water heater that are hardwired.

Do you have peak and off peak rates ? My water heater starts only at off peak hours : a signal is broadcasted. I can consume at most 9kW and I have 8 hours of off peak hours per day, which would be 72 kWh/day and 2,016 kWh/28days. If you have off peak hours, did the tests simulated them ?

Finally this may be someone stealing your electricity. If it's someone growing plants that make laugh... you may see a 24/7 light under the door of a neighbor's door and his apartment may be overheated.

Hope it helps...

Denis.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (2.66 kg/l diesel)
  • kg saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels : 187 kg/yr
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (59.1 g/kWh)
Radioactive wastes saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels :
  • Long life (>100,000 years) : 2.85 g/yr (0.9 mg/kWh)
  • Short life (<300 years) : 31.7 g/yr (10.0 mg/kWh)
Based upon "official" French figures...
groar is offline   Reply With Quote