View Single Post
Old 09-29-18, 04:19 PM   #235
Sccoupe
Helper EcoRenovator

Trenching is complete. It went much faster than expected. With all of the rain lately, the little Cub Cadet cut through the dirt like butter.

Fusing the U bends in a new way this time and its much much faster. In the previous holes, I used thick HDPE sheet to drill a 90, fuse one to each pipe, then fuse the blocks together. I then had to cut and grind the end until it fit in the hole. Now I just cut a 3 inch section of HDPE rod, drill two parallel holes, then use a rotary rasp in the holes to hog out the area in between. This is one less fuse and no grinding afterwards, as it already fits the hole. I tried to find black HDPE rod, but could only find white. Turns out that mixing the colors during fusing makes no difference.

Here you see what happens when you try to fuse HDPE to ABS. It just doesnt work. Not that I thought it would. My brain went haywire when I ordered it. I knew I needed HDPE rod, but for some reason bought ABS.

Tomorrow, I should have all of the pipes in the holes and hopefully all of the outside piping fused as needed. Might even start pushing the dirt back in if there is time.
Sccoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sccoupe For This Useful Post:
jeff5may (09-29-18), Ron342 (11-21-18)