View Single Post
Old 09-10-18, 08:08 AM   #232
Sccoupe
Helper EcoRenovator

--Its been a while since posting and since the rain has me on hold for drilling the next couple of weeks, here's an update.
--The current setup got me through summer just fine (max loop temp at 92F on the hottest days) and also through last winter though it required help from the propane stove (loop temp minimum 22F). This was with 400 feet of pipe.
--I've been drilling additional holes this summer and have been heavy on the project lately until the rain hit on Saturday. So far, 300 more feet of hole has been drilled and only two holes left to do (100 more feet) and the drilling will finally be complete. Then, just need to drop the pipes in, trench and plumb. Should easily be accomplished in the next month or two before the snow fly's. With 100% more loop capacity, I hope that by being able to allow the heat pump into the second stage and higher loop temps, all heating will be geothermal this winter.
--Another nice addition was getting the desuperheater hooked up and running, so have also been making hot water for most of the summer. Its all helping to bring the electric bill down, which i've so far been very happy with. As long as winter heating goes as well this year, then all of this effort can be called a success.

Jason
Sccoupe is offline   Reply With Quote