View Single Post
Old 01-26-15, 07:33 PM   #2
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

With a wood stove the air gets changed for you as part of the burning process.

If it was my trailer I would make a mini wood stove from a 20 lbs Propane tank then make up a stainless steel surround that has a air gap behind it with a second piece of (cheaper) steel behind it , on 1" spacers that are secured to the wall.

For the floor I would tack down more stainless (to prevent rot this time) then put bolts threw the floor with about 2" above floor to secure the base. For the base I would pour a mini pad of fireproof concrete complete with a lip on it to keep debris in.

The intake that's on the floor would work well for a stoves intake. Finally buy a commercial 3 or 4" stove pipe kit with a removable stack, and a plug so you can remove the pipe and seal it when needed.

If you do not weld , you can pay a welder to make the stove or just buy a little prefab one.

You can buy kits to make them as well.
If you are so inclined you can burn waste wood.. beach wood or branches and even coal.

I have had this mini stove idea for awhile , one day i hope to build a Aero trailer from my 2007 250lb 17ft. boat trailer which is rated to carry just 1000 lbs.

Also
My brother has a diesel oil cook stove on his Boat , nice and toasty , it uses a gravity fed tank to supply the fuel, mind you its full size his boat is 42ft , but they make smaller ones for smaller boats. *Near* any stove for a boat will be suitable for a trailer , as long as it has a chimney.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote