View Single Post
Old 11-03-08, 08:41 AM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default EcoRider - riding lawn mower electric conversion

Well, the time has come for my first EV project! I really wanted to convert the Toyota Paseo I picked up a while ago, but it would have cost too much for me at the moment. So, my next thought was that I really could use a riding mower. I have push mowed my lawn, and it takes a long time. So, I talked things over with Ben Nelson and MetroMPG, the two EV guys I know and decided to go with an electric riding mower.

This weekend I picked up a Simplicity 728 (no idea what year) from a very kind gentleman. I found and got the mower for free using FreeCycle.org. It currently has a mildly used 8hp Briggs engine in it. The deal with the donator was that I take the engine out and return it to him since it hasn't seen much use. I was all too happy to oblige! So, now I have a new project for this winter. Hopefully updates will come fast.

For future reference:

Belt size:
Drive: L485
Mower deck: L478
Mower blades: L470
Snow blower: L482

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 05-08-15 at 10:26 AM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote