View Single Post
Old 03-15-10, 08:57 PM   #20
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
What kind of batteries would you have rather seen in the mower (not sure what maxx is)?
it's a EVERSTART MAXX marine/rv battery..
today i worked on the tractor.. i got most of what i needed to do but i was at a snails pace.. just didn't want to rush anything today.. so i made a battery box and painted it.. bolted it down to the tractor and placed the batteries in it.. now they won't be moving around and are secure.. next i decide to make use of the empty space under the dash board and cut a piece of wood, painted it and screwed it down.. this is for the controller charger and master breaker.. next was to make up the wires. cut to size crimp the connectors on and the heat shrink tubes for a clean and tight seal. i used 6 gauge wire which i kept around just in case... paid off today.. i did not connect the controller but i think tomorrow will be the day MR.GREEN will rise again.. the last thing i did tonight was try to figure out what to do with the hood.. i end up cutting of a good size section off the bottom.. because it was all busted up and i just can't see leaving that part on and looking nasty.. and beside since the battery box is in now it did not fit but i knew that would happen.. now it sits on there right but now i need to figure out how to bolt it on.. i kind of like the way it looks now with the hood on it and you can see a portion of the box from the front...
Attached Images

aproldan is offline   Reply With Quote