View Single Post
Old 03-12-10, 03:44 PM   #15
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

now on Wednesday i went with Pam (the owner of MR.GREEN) to walmart and she decide to go with the everstart battery.. i wanted the maxx but they did not have the ones i was looking for only starter batteries.. so we settled for the group 24 deep cycle marine, starter trolling and rv 105 amp hours battery.. like i say before not what i wanted but in a way it actually worked out a little better, for they all fit up front where the I.C.E once was. which saves me time on building a battery rack for one of the batteries in the back of the tractor..
after we got it back to my place i had to figure out how i wanted the batteries to be.. what i want and what i got was another thing.. i wanted to line them up straight but found out the wires would be directly on top of the fill hole covers.. so i found a setup that seems to be a lot safer and won't block the fill holes if they need water.. i will build a box around the batteries to keep anything from hurting the case or damaging them.. and bolt the case to the tractor.. the case will be lined with padding.. the reason is batteries do not take too kind to hard bumps or thumps,, that is a good way to short out a cell and ruin your batteries quickly.. i haven't build the battery case yet, it's been raining for the last 2 days here and i need to do my cutting outside so when i clears up and gets dry here i will make the case.. the top of the case will have a 4 inch gap and than i will place plexiglass over it so it can be shown to folks but not touched by them.. the 4 inch gap is for fuses to freely flow away and not be trapped and explode.. but you will see what i'm doing when i get to that point.. hope to have her finish by next week.. talk soon..
Attached Images

aproldan is offline   Reply With Quote