View Single Post
Old 03-12-10, 03:16 PM   #14
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

a little update: monday i decided to work on the motor.. i looked around the garage for something to bolt the motor to.. reason is because i am going to make a slide the motor can sit on so i can have it slide back to create tension on the belt when it need to be adjusted down the line.. but that is not a final plan yet..anyway i found an old currie scooter plate where the motor mounts to and it also acts as a chain guard.. it looks like what i needed and for what i have planned in my head... next i marked out where the bolt holes need to be and drilled them out.. after that i cut out a rubber mat i had found a few months back from dumpster dive.. i am using it between the motor and the plate to absorb any vibration that may come from the motor... when all was drilled and cut i put it together to see how it looked and worked.. seems pretty good so far... i have not bolted it to the tractor yet because i am still waiting for the belt to arrive. hope it will be here by Sat. or Mon.. than i can go and make the slide rail for my homemade belt adjuster... here are of course some pics of the motor plate
Attached Images

Last edited by aproldan; 03-13-10 at 04:36 AM..
aproldan is offline   Reply With Quote