View Single Post
Old 03-06-10, 07:55 PM   #13
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Looking great!

I have a question about how you size your pulleys. What rpm do you target for?
i use the original pulley from the gas motor and either go up 1 or 2 " depending on what it will be use for.. in this case i am starting with a 4".. i went up to 4" to slow down the top speed and pick up more torque in first gear... if it is still too fast in first i will go down to either a 3" or 2.5" look for massive torque so it can haul between 250 to 350 plus the weigh of the drive which TINY( the guy who will ride the tractor) isn't that tiny.. he himself tops out at 300+.. this tractor is a little more trickier then the ones i have converted because the rear tire is twice the size of your normal ride on.. anyway i target the RPM to what the motor is rated or as close as i can get it.. with out pulling too many amp while it is running..
Xringer that cover was from an old computer cover.. and it is a thick peice of steel.. took a while to cut it with my disk grinder, normally i zip threw steel.. yes i did smoothed out everything before i sprayed it and bolted it downhere's some more pics: and of my 2 little helpers:
Attached Images

aproldan is offline   Reply With Quote