View Single Post
Old 03-14-12, 06:38 AM   #2
herlichka
Apprentice EcoRenovator

I am not sure that I understood a lot of that post, but I think I did spot a gem in there. Your remark about enhancing your home for the next owner.

If you let that remark sink in for a moment you begin to see that keepig successive owners in mind when you do your Ecorenovations can be a very important consideration. What's the point of doing all this hard work and making a long string of eco investments in your home if the next occupant can't understand the operation, or maintenance or limitations of your systems? I can see a new owner, out of frustration or bewilderment, just gutting your house and installing conventional technologies (heating, cooling, and plumbing).

One way to ensure that your efforts aren't wasted is to keep excellent records of your projects: parts lists, vendors, installation and instruction pamphlets, warrantee info, wiring diagrams, and even a written description of the operation of the system. Imagine, as a new owner, trying to figure out a heating system that features a blend of solar hydronic, mini-split, natural gas furnace, woodstove and maybe even a few baseboard electrics?
herlichka is offline   Reply With Quote