View Single Post
Old 01-30-12, 02:22 PM   #14
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

I considered helping someone with single pane windows replace a broken window before and knew that single pane glass was easy to find. Where do we find a glass company to source triple pane glass from? I'd like to do this because the largest window in my house outside of the patio door(which also needs to be replaced), is the large picture window in the front of the house that has a bad seal and the inside of the pane is dirty from the fog that filled the cavity, condensed, and then dried over and over again. I have a feeling it isn't performing much better than a single pane like that and would like to replace it but it is a big window and would be pricey.

At my mother's house the people who installed her siding and windows couldn't find windows to fit some non-square openings and they managed to get some custom-made glass to fit in the space last fall and that was the first I ever saw that happen and didn't know it was an option until then. I'd imagine labor costs were probably more than the window costs, but DIY changes those cost factors.
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote