View Single Post
Old 12-14-14, 11:20 AM   #25
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servicetech View Post
No heat when you are working in the garage?
Servicetech, I am very glad that you have a really nice, insulated and heated garage in which fluorescent bulbs seem to perform so efficiently for you.

No, my garage happens to be unheated, and uninsulated. I could run an electric space heater, but even then, it would have to be running a LONG time at full power to make a real difference.

I've been working on a project over at my parent's house recently (This one) because there is an insulated shop over there with with an LP furnace.
Unless the furnace was running continuously, 4' T8 fluorescents STILL have a fair amount of warm-up time, and even at room temperature aren't as bright as the LEDs.

I can't justify continuously heating an outbuilding (whether with LP or electric heat) simply to have fluorescent bulbs at room temperature to operate properly.

Yes, ideally, I'd love a well built, insulated and heated garage, for lots of reasons, but that's not what I have right now. Even if I did, I still think the LED tube is just a better light than the fluorescent.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote