View Single Post
Old 09-20-10, 11:28 AM   #312
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Genius of Many Hands => elegant methodology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron342 View Post
Ac Hacker - did you ever get back to work on plumbing up and instrumenting your unit?? You have a big following on this!
Ron342,

I have about 700 feet of 3/4 inch pipe buried in the backyard, all welded & tested, with the ends dressed through the basement wall, waiting for the next step.

I also have all the compressor parts and heat exchangers ready to be assembled and brazed together.

I took what I thought would be a minor side-trip to do a non-standard remodel my bathroom, but it has turned out to be a very major undertaking, with many problems, dead-ends, and expensive solutions... but the end is in sight.

I know that 'The Manifesto' has a big following, which is gratifying. And I will see this project through to the end. I have tested along the way, to verify that various parts are functioning. So I have great confidence that the system will perform at least as well as envisioned. I have come to expect that problems will arise, and solutions will need to be found.

My hope all along has been that other people will be encouraged by my efforts, imperfect as they have been, and will try their own projects along similar lines.

It is wonderful to see what Vlad is doing! Already I have learned from him how I might proceed on the Radiant Floor part of my project. I'm pretty sure that if Vlad is letting us know about the project he is doing, that there are other people who have embarked on similar projects, who haven't documented and published their projects yet. I'm hoping that we'll hear from them in due time.

I really do think that there is a 'genius of many hands' where one person's solution to a problem becomes available to others that follow, and that eventually an elegant methodology will evolve. I hope we see this happening.

Well Ron342, that's it for now, I have work to do...

Regards,

-AC_Hacker

AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote